Last night Stick and I hung pictures in our new apartment, which really means that I framed some of our China photos and artwork, arranged them artistically on the floor and told him I wanted them like that, only on the wall.
When the hammering was finished, we stepped back to admire the effect.
“Do you think those people would be surprised to see themselves hanging on a foreigner’s wall?” Stick asked, pointing at a black-and-white photograph of Yantai men playing street chess.
Then we looked at each other, wondering just how many of our foreigner photo-ops have made it to Chinese photo albums and onto Chinese walls.
(Probably) Similar Posts:
- No Points For Creativity on October 2, 2008
- American Mei You on September 13, 2008
- Southern Comfort on August 1, 2008
- Everyday Expressions on October 27, 2008
- Montclair, The Land of Hunan House on May 20, 2009