DEMO was held at a gorgeous resort, and I was completely impressed. This is, quite literally, the view from my balcony. I woke up every day completely amazed that this is my real life. (Of course, I spent the rest of each day rushing around, vibrating between the excruciating boredom of answering the same three questions* over and over, and the terrifying strangeness of interviews and all the other bizarre new activities that has somehow become my job.) I think I’ll come back to launch my next tech startup here, too!
After DEMO, I flew to San Fransisco for GDC. My Geary Street hotel has the thickly-painted doors and aggressively ugly linens that I’m starting to expect when I pick a hotel based on price, proximity and wifi. More importantly, it was full of students, small-studio devs and journalists in town for the conference. Game chat was constantly breaking out in the halls or over lounge coffee, and it wasn’t a rehearsed exchange of elevator pitches. The game journo dorm is definitely more home than the resort.
* Those three questions are:
1) So, it’s like Second Life, huh?
2) So, it’s like World of WarCraft, huh?
3) Wow, a girl computer gamer. Are all the boys are crazy about you?
(Probably) Similar Posts:
- Not A Metaphor on February 24, 2011
- Designing In Parallel on March 21, 2012
- Dickwolves, Still on June 23, 2013
- GDC Press Pass on March 3, 2011
- This Post Is Not Actually About Sushi on March 20, 2012