We are not wired to control our emotions. We now know that the amygdala can send signals to the prefrontal region of the brain, where the orbitofrontal cortex is located, but the prefrontal region cannot send signals directly to the amygdala. That is, the emotional part of our brain is wired to send signals to the thinking part of our brain, but not the other way around.
(Probably) Similar Posts:
- Another Book Report on January 25, 2005
- Princess Bride Game on December 29, 2008
- The Independence of Miss Mary Bennett on January 6, 2009
- License Exams and Blood Sports on May 16, 2005
- Mr. Darcy Takes A Wife on May 9, 2010