My editor at Geek sent all the writers a group email suggesting that we all feel free to go over our wordcounts whenever the subject warrants a longer piece.
I responded with a longform essay on serious, indie games, because who doesn’t want to read a thousand words on obscure and serious games? Building to a very hopeful conclusion on the future of serious indies, and why people who aren’t me should care.
I’m really happy about the chance to discuss such an awesome and overlooked topic, but I don’t really expect my editor will say that again.
(Probably) Similar Posts:
- On The Future on January 25, 2013
- ‘Cow Crushers’: A Message Game Done Right on April 23, 2013
- A Little Cheating on ‘The Facebook Diet’ on December 22, 2013
- Text-Based Space Opera in ‘Choice of the Star Captain’ on March 11, 2013
- I’m (Not) Sorry: Thanks, Indie Game Magazine on December 8, 2013