New post on Hardcore Droid about adventure RPG Avernum: Escape From the Pit. While I did have a little frustration with the UI (Get back here, magic users! I tapped to shoot the enemy, not run up and hug him!), I’m so happy that Al from Hardcore Droid introduced me to this game! Avernum blends D&D combat and mechanics with a great narrative, and it’s kind of amazing that stopped playing long enough to write about it.
The Avernum world is full of wonderful and zany things, from a hive of cheerful spiders all called Spider, to an entrepreneurial barkeep looking to open a hot springs spa. There are epic battles against the usual high fantasy cultists and drakes and the like, but there’s also a foreman looking for some cheap wine for his workers. It’s worth noting that Avermun women are soldiers (Wearing practical armor, even!), armorsmiths and mayors.
(Probably) Similar Posts:
- Avernum: Escape From The Pit on May 5, 2013
- Knights of Pen & Paper on November 21, 2012
- Zenonia Hates Me on January 29, 2013
- Find The Lamp, The Oil, and The Wick on February 5, 2013
- Dungelot: Amazing Dungeon-sweeper on February 14, 2013