So I recently wrote about erotica and self publishing, and it got a ton of traffic, because apparently the internet really likes that. Erotica, I mean, although most of my internet friends are fond of independent publishing as well.
Red String Productions writes and publishes queer erotica, targeted to women readers. With the growing accessibility of self-publishing, writers in almost any niche can connect to small pockets of devoted fans, anywhere in the world. And, with the rise of e-readers, female-focused erotica is an increasing market. Red String’s self-pubbed books and ebooks are right at the intersections of these trends, so I talked to Red String’s C. L. Carlisle about publishing her (and her colleagues’) works.
(Probably) Similar Posts:
- Beating The System on May 22, 2007
- The Independence of Miss Mary Bennett on January 6, 2009
- Six Years Later… on June 25, 2006
- Pandora’s Box on June 4, 2006
- “Alice In Tumblr-Land” on October 29, 2013