As I’m walking in the door, about 5 minutes late to class, Prof. Marathon turns from the class and says “Meg will know! Meg, how would you guard against the Evil Eye?”
I’m quick with my answer, “By yelling insults off a bridge, Professor!”
“No!” my Greek teacher yells. “In Greek art!
“Um, with a curved horn, usually a contrasting color…”
“No!” Marathon says again. “With an erect phallus!”
I’m not entirely sure why he was sure I would know that. But I won’t be coming to class late anymore.
(Probably) Similar Posts:
- Goodbye Professor Antioch on November 14, 2004
- This Is Just How Caesar’s Legions Got Started on January 28, 2010
- March Madness on March 18, 2009
- On Classicist Romance on September 28, 2008
- Who’s On First For Classicists on April 22, 2005